Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Breakfast . . .

From Food

Toasted English Muffins with Ricotta and Balsamic Glazed Strawberries

Decadent you say? Not at all. This breakfast is under 200 calories. So if you are sticking to a 1200 calorie a day eating plan, this one fits in just fine. Oh and have I mentioned it's delicious!!!!

Here's the "recipe"
1 Wholemeal English Muffin (two halves)
3 Fresh Strawberries (Sliced)
2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Caster Sugar
2 Tablespoons Extra Light Ricotta

While the muffins are toasting, combine strawberries, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl.
Once toasted, spread 1/2 of ricotta on each muffin then top each with half strawberry mix.

Makes a healthy and yummy alternative to jam and cream/butter don't you think?

PS - Those that know me well will be shocked to discover that I have exchanged my morning coffee, for a tall glass of iced water! I know - you think I'm crazy especially if you have read this post. But fear not fellow coffee snobs, its coming up at morning tea time LOL!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Wow I am shocked Pippa! what happened since last week!!

janis said...

this looks yummo!!! can i eat this with you? LOL.

can't wait to have fun with you with the rest of the BNB gals!!!!