Monday, May 17, 2010

Is anybody out there . . . . ? or Pasta Disaster :)

Yes it has been a looooooong time between posts. Truth be told I was totally unprepared for how busy life was going to become when DS6 started year 1. Between working in the office 2 days-a-week (and the other 10 hours of paid work at home), DT work, housework, homework, soccer training, soccer games, doctors, dentist, counsellors, parent teacher meetings . . . . . well you get the picture.

It's been a total shock to the system. . . . still. . . . and it's May! So blogging has taken a back seat. IF I manage to get up at 5:30am I MIGHT get a chance to check the feeds of all of you (my fave bloggers), but commenting? rarely. And posting on my own blog? Forget it!

I am struggling to keep everything straight in my head.

In fact, how's this for a brain blip? This morning I DID get up at 5:30am. Ironed, put on a pot of porridge for the gang, got myself organised for work etc, etc. Dragged the kids out of the house at 8:20am and went to the neighbours' to pick up for car pool. Ding-Dong . . . . . Knock-Knock. Very perplexed looking Dad answers the door.

Neighbour: "hi"
Me: "Uh, hi is your DD6 ready for school?"
Neighbour: "Uh . . . it's a pupil free day"
Me: "Uhhhhhhh . . . . Oh . . . . uggghhh . . . . .CRAP!"

The thing is, I have been reading the school newsletters and I do remember seeing the pupil free day on the term calendar. It just didn't connect in my brain that that 17th of May was the same as today - the 17th of May.

Lucky for me I have an awesome employer that is alright with my kids lobbing up. As a matter of fact John (Boss) and DD4 sat on the floor of the workshop sorting nuts and bolts into little containers. I think he preferred that to the meeting we were having in the office?

So I'm laughing about it now anyway - what a bimbo!

On to Pasta Disaster

My first attempt at home made pasta using the new pasta machine from MIL for my birthday. I've done gnocchi before (which was yum!), but never pasta.

It looked promising

From Food


But is it just me or does this

From Food

look like entrails?

I would like to say that it tasted OK, but the truth is it was fairly ordinary! And Jaime bloody Oliver made it look so easy!

Well I'm determined, so we'll just put this one down to a learning experience LOL

Thanks for dropping by, and I hope I see you again real soon :)

No comments: