Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's Times Like These . . .

I love loving in the "country". I say that in inverted commas, because our town has a poulation of around 50K, but still manages to retain a certain rural charm when you can stop on the side of the road less than 1km from the centre of town and get all of this straight from the farmer himself!

From Life
All vine ripened and bursting with flavour. And that's not even the best part. For the melons, and tomatoes he wanted to charge me $6!!! I only had a $10 note so I said "just call it ten". But he insisted on picking some capsicums - bell peppers to our international readers :) - straight off the bush. What a bargain! And I know that I am providing the very best nutrition for my family as they are all in season, not sitting in cold storage for 6-12 months losing all their goodness.

Local girls: You know the farm right. Just after the Shell service station on the Australind Bypass. And he said if he's not left anything out at the roadside, just toot or call and he'll come a runnin'!

Now, does anyone need any watermelon! What the heck I am going to do with all of that? And does anyone have good authentic tomato/pasta sauce recipe? Or should I just google?

No comments: