Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rainy Saturday

We had a lovely rainy Saturday in today. I decided to get out the scrapping gear to finish my Stamped Images Swap transparencies for Scrappin' Bitz and of course the kids wanted to join in.

Though DS5 dug this book out
From Life
and started to hunt for activities he could do. DD3 was quite content to scrap - until I reluctantly agreed to make up some Salt Dough. The good thing about this dough is that it can be made up from ingredients that are lurking in most pantries. Plus it is 4 activities in one:
  • Mixing
  • Modelling
  • Cooking
  • Painting
This was a lot of fun to make, and dead easy too. Here is the recipe:

SALT DOUGH
Ingredients
  • 300g Plain Flour
  • 300g Salt
  • 200ml Water
  • 2 tspns Oil
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl with your hands until it comes together into a ball. Roll it out and start cutting!
Place shapes on a baking sheet and cook in a moderate oven for around 20 minutes (fatter shapes may take longer).
When the baked dough has cooled, decorate with poster or acrylic paint. Try mixing about 1 part PVA glue to 2 parts paint for a tough and shiny finish.

I have managed to stretch this out to include an activity for tomorrow if it's still rainy, but I am sure that rain hail or shine, I will be made to get the paints out and finish what I have started :)

So here are the results of our efforts today
From Life
DS5 Potato Dog and Owner
(you can't see it in this pic, but the owner's T-shirt is adorned with a picture of potato dog)

From Life
DD3 Scrapbook Page
(for Nana)

From Scrapping Stuff

And my effort, acetate image sheet x 9! Yes 9!
It is not an experience I am willing to relive again in a hurry. That said, I am really looking forward to what I will receive from the lovely 8 ladies participating in the swap.

Oh, and the Salt Dough? Well this is where we are at
From Life
until I am coerced into painting tomorrow. Eeeek, what have I got myself into?
Cheerio!

No comments: