Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Plodding Along

We had a pretty good day today considering the kids woes. Henry is not coping to well with the blisters in his mouth - as you would expect. We are having to be fairly particular about what he eats as anything too acidic - like fruit - or overly sugary is sending him through the roof. Like most males though I truly believe he exaggerates his pain level. Every five minutes he is saying "I need go dock-er" meaning doctor of course. He is already going though a crying-at-the-drop-of-a-hat stage, so any little bump in the road compounds this.

Grace is coping exceptionally well, and just copying her brother! So if he is upset that his juice is hurting his mouth, she also comes over crying wanting an alternative beverage!

Being the responsible parent that I am, I kept them home from Tuesday Club (my weekly crop). The kids go into the creche for two hours and I get some quality scrap time. Though I have been known to just sit with my fave scrap mag and a coffee, and gossip for two hours! So anyway, I am seriously hanging out for some non-cyber adult time - uuhmm . . . I mean the scrapping type of course.

I did manage to get this LO done today though. It's one of those designs that took ages too come together, as I had no idea how I wanted it to look before I started. I am pretty happy with the result though.
Journalling Reads: @ 3 you are completely obsessed with the "cars" movie. Although I hadn't realised how much until you told me "Mum- Lightning McQueen is my best friend". What fun you must have inside your imagination, Henry.

I popped the kids at their little table with some new markers and colouring book, and Bob-the-Builder on the laptop on the spare bed. They were content for a few . . . minutes. That little table set me up with 2 priceless moments today though:

  1. I was trying to convince Henry to have a sleep while Grace was down, thinking that the rest would help his body heal - well that was how I put it to him anyway. So on about the 15th attempt, I said to him: "Henry - I really think you need to go and have a sleep" to which he casually sat on the table and replied (as only a three year old can: "OK . . . Tell me why?" :)
  2. When Grace had woken up from her sleep, she was pottering around doing her own thing, when I noticed the sound of purposeful pitter-patter between her bedroom and the scrap room. I looked up to see the scene depicted in these photos. She had brought the teddy and the wipes from her room. It was just so funny how much purpose was behind her actions.
Yes, she is wiping teddy's bottom!LOL
Just one of those delightful spontaneous moments


1 comment:

Scrapbooking 4 Less said...

Hi Pippa,

Sending big hugs to you and your Children. I hope they are on the mend really soon!

Love your Latest LO!

Take Care,
Shelley Turner.
www.scrapbooking4less.com.au