Monday, November 5, 2007

Update

I have spent today cleaning the house. Feels good to be more organised, things were a bit out of control for a while, but I think we are back on top now. I always feel like I have "earned" my scrap time when the house is clean and tidy.

Good news on the camera front. It seems that it could be a fault with that particular model so *fingers crossed* NIKON are going to fix it free of charge. What a relief. Part of me is slightly disappointed though as I was thinking we might get a new digital SLR. Oh well, swings and roundabouts I guess.

I have been scrapping like a mad woman this weekend. I did my stitching scraps class at 2D's on friday, and the girls (in the class) wanted something else to do for this week. We quickly put a pack together and I will be teaching again this Friday. While I was there though, Jody threw a few things my way, and we decided to do an altered canvas class in November. I just couldn't wait though, so this is what I came up with

(So in the absence of a camera, the following images have been scanned, flipped, stitched etc. Apologies for the quality, but it is definately better than nothing.)





Click on the thumbnail for a larger view


I want to add a large page dresser/flourish to the bottom left hand corner that will reach up to the flower, and also a title. But I will have to plead my case with the girls at 2D's.lol

Now, if anyone from the S4L forum is reading this - Yes I cheated!!! I used this for my "Metal Embellishment" challenge too. Hey! There's nothing wrong with multi-tasking. Is there????

Speaking of which we had our own "Cyber Retreat" this weekend at S4L while the girls were at the real retreat in Redland Bay. We had a great time doing the challenges. Here are my other offerings:





Click on the thumbnail for a larger view

This one feels like it needs more somehow, but I just can't put my finger on it. Any suggestions?





Click on the thumbnail for a larger view

And this one I absolutely love!
Little Gracie asleep on the office chair watching the Wiggles. The papers are Cosmo Cricket (from Scrappin' Bitz), and even more gorgeous than they appear in the pic.

I have also completed a project for Rochelle at Embellishbits since my last post. Here is a pic, and the kits are on sale now.



So now it is on to my DT project for RJR. I was blown ayay by how much stuff we received! Great Kaiser products and some of the most gorgeous Christmas ribbon I have ever had my hands on. Thanks Jenny!

Well, still a bit of washing to do and then dinner.

Take Care

1 comment:

Nik said...

WOW!!!! That JOY is freaking gorgeous Pip!!! I love all of them though!!